Have you heard of DailyWorth? A friend shared it with me recently and I’m so glad she did! It’s a website and daily newsletter for women to talk about money. One of their recent newsletters had some really awesome diet tips that will save you money. Um, can you say genius?
- Don’t spend money on overpriced microwave popcorn. Throw some kernels in a paper bag and pop it in the microwave!
- Peel and freeze some bananas for the next time you’re craving a frozen treat. Cover it in a bit of chocolate or whirl it up in a blender and you have “frozen yogurt”.
- Forget fast-food breakfast. Scramble an egg in a mug, microwave it, and put it into a pita or on a piece of toast.
- Soup in a flash: toss your end-of-their-life veggies and a parmesan rind in a pot with a little chicken broth. If you have a picked-over chicken carcass, throw that in there, too!
- Compare fresh to frozen fruit prices. If the fresh are cheaper, buy a whole bunch and freeze them yourself for smoothies and other treats.
Head on over to DailyWorth.com for more money-saving tips!